Files shown with the Adobe Acrobat logo next to the name are in PDF format. If you dont't have Acrobat Reader, get it here!
Clicking on the episode title will play the audio file in your browser.
Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the episode title to download the MP3 audio file.
2007: Volume 2
- V2N1 Safety Guy Podcast — Risk Scoring Systems: An Interview with Tom Doyle. Show Notes
- V2N2 Safety Guy Podcast — Hazard Identification. Show Notes
- V2N3 MS101 — Introducing ISO 13849-1:2006, Reliability of Safety Related Parts of Control Systems.
- V2N4 MS101 — Laser Safety with Johnny Jones. Show Notes
2006: Volume 1
- V1N1 Safety Guy Podcast — Who is the Safety Guy? What is Safety Engineering? Show Notes
- V1N2 Safety Guy Podcast — Design Methodology and The Myth of Common Sense. Show Notes
- 2015/16 Schmersal-Franklin Empire Machinery Safety Talk attendee package
- Testing Emergency Stop Systems - Manufacturing Automation Webinar - 22-Jun-2015
- Chrysler Safety Conference: Risk Assessment and Collaborative Robots. Grand Bend, Ontario, 17-Jun-2015.
- Interpretation Machinery Directive: Interview with Ian Fraser - Google Hangout with Han Zuyderwijk and Ian Fraser, 18-Apr-2014 (©2014 CEMarking.net)
- Introduction to CSA Z1002 - CSSE Waterloo Region, June-2014
Are You Ready for the Coming Changes in Robot Safety? D. Nix, 2009 – Slides from the webinar on the adoption of ISO 10218-1:2006 by ANSI and RIA.
On-Guard, D. Nix, 2002 — A review of Ontario's Pre-Start Health and Safety Review process.
Light Fright, D. Nix, 2003 — Industrial Laser Safety and the need for laser hazard assessment.
XYZ of Robot Safety, D. Nix, 2003 — A look at robot safety standards and their application to design.
Don't Gamble with Safety, D. Nix, 2004 — Risk assessment for Industrial Machinery.
Sign Language, D. Nix, 2005 — Requirements for Hazard Warnings used on machinery.
Standard Issue, D. Nix, 2006 — Exploring the new CSA Z460 standard for control of Hazardous Energy.
- Standing Up for Safety, Colleen Mellor, 2006 — Profile of three technologists with career focus on safety
CSA Z1002 - Development of the First Canadian OHS Risk Assessment Standard (Nix, Doyle), 2012 ISPCE, Portland
Writer's Workshop (Nix, Perkins) - Presented via WebEx four times in 2012. Download Attendee's Package (zip)
- New Thinking in Control Reliability, 2007 PSES Symposium
- What's New in Control Reliability?, 2007 CSA/RIA Robotic Safety Conference, Toronto
- Risk Assessment & Collaborative Robots Presentation, 2015 Chrysler North American Safety Conference, Grand Bend, Ontario, 2015.
- Risk Assessment & Collaborative Robots Presentation Notes, 2015 Chrysler North American Safety Conference, Grand Bend, Ontario, 2015.
- Envisioning the Future of Collaborative Robots, 2015 Chrysler North American Safety Conference, Grand Bend, Ontario, 2015. YouTube video.
- Evaluation of Problems and Challenges in CSA Z434-14 Annex DVA Task-Based Risk Assessment Methodology, 2015.
- Evaluation of Problems and Challenges in CSA Z434-14 Annex DVA Presentation, 8-Jul-2015
- Evaluation of Problems and Challenges in CSA Z434-14 Annex DVA Presentation Notes, 8-Jul-2015
Podcasts, Talks, Presentations, Papers & Training Materials
Copyright of PodCasts, Talks, Presentations, Papers and Training materials is owned Compliance InSight Consulting Inc. (CIC) and the orignal author(s) unless indicated otherwise in the work itself. Material may be cited in other works, or used according to Canadian Intellectual Property Law without permission. Use of large portions (i.e., more than 10%) of the works found on this page requires written permission from CIC and the original author(s).
For more information, see our Copyright Policy.
Compliance InSight Consulting Inc. Web Site by Compliance InSight Consulting Inc. is licensed under a
Based on a work at http://www.complianceinsight.ca.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at info 'at' complianceinsight.ca.