Compliance InSight Consulting Inc. provides specialized consulting services to industrial machine builders and users, including:
- Machinery Risk Assessment
- Application of the Hierarchy of Controls
- Functional Safety (System Specification & Analysis)
- Supporting Ontario Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews conducted by Indigate Engineering Corporation, MENA Engineering and MTE Consultants Inc.
- Regulatory Consulting in Canadian, US and EU Markets
- Training in all of the above
CIC works with a number of key partners to provide superior service and professionalism, serving a broad client base in Asia, Canada, the US and Europe.
- We are also very active in Standards Development activities. Our Principal Consultant, Doug Nix, sits on a number of Technical committees:
- CSA W117.2 — Safety in Welding, Cutting and Related Processes
- CSA Z1002 — Occupational health and safety — Hazard identification and elimination and risk assessment and control*
- CSA Z432 — Safeguarding of Machinery
- IEC TC 65A — System Aspects
- IEC TC 121B — Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies
- ISO TC 83/WG6 — Sports and other recreational facilities and equipment - Sport and Recreation — Benefit/risk assessment Join the Canadian Mirror Committee
- ISO TC 199 — Safety of Machinery† Join the Canadian Mirror Committee
- ISO TC 270 — Plastics and rubber machines† Join the Canadian Mirror Committee
† Chair of the Canadian Mirror Committee
CIC offers private and public training seminars in our core areas of expertise. Training is delivered live via the web, in-person and at public training events. CIC also produces the Machinery Safety 101 PodCast, and blog. You can download past shows and the Show Notes from our PodCast archives, or through iTunes. See our Training pages for more.
Compliance inSight Consulting Inc. was formed in the spring of 2000 and formally incorporated in the Province of Ontario, Canada. The first year of operation included significant travel in the US and abroad to service clients.
From the spring of 2001 through to fall 2007, Compliance InSight Consulting supported work through QPS Evaluation Services Inc. and Entela, Inc. in the machinery safety field. More than 300 Ontario Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews were conducted by QPS Engineers with field assessment and analysis done by Doug Nix.
In 2008, CIC and QPS amicably parted ways. CIC continues to provide a variety of regulatory, machinery safety analysis, consulting and training services to clients, and to support Indagate Engineering Corporation, MENA Engineering, and MTE Consultants in providing Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews.