Managing Director & Principal Consultant
Douglas Nix, C.E.T., SM-IEEE’14, is co-owner of Compliance InSight Consulting, Inc. (https://www.complianceinsight.ca) in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
His background covers more than 35 years of engineering technology experience including product testing, industrial control system design and machinery safety.
Nix specializes in machinery safety and risk assessment methods and processes. He has been studying, applying, and teaching risk assessment principles and processes since 1996.
Since graduating from Sheridan College in 1985, Doug has worked in the certification, consulting, electrical products and automation systems industries.
Doug has written extensively for industry trade magazines and the OACETT Technologist, and the PSES Newsletter. He has published a number of papers privately and through the IEEE relating risk assessment, functional safety and machinery safety.
Doug is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) since 1991
- Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) since 2004
- Product Safety Engineering Society since 2004
- Canadian Standards Association since 2007
- Standards Council of Canada, Standards Mirror Committee ISO TC 83, ISO TC 199, and ISO TC 270 and IEC TC/65/SC65A and IEC TC/121/SC121B.
Doug serves on 11 CSA, IEC and ISO Technical Committees related to his work.
Doug writes a blog called Machinery Safety 101, exploring a wide variety of machinery safety-related topics. http://www.machinerysafety101.com.
For more information, please see Doug’s profile on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dougnix.
Follow Compliance InSight Consulting on Twitter @machinerysafety, http://twitter.com/machinerysafety.